Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sent entire Outlook inbox to deleted items

• Please log in to reply

Meg123

Meg123

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

I'm using Outlook in Safari on my Mac. I have never used archive, just kept all my messages in inbox for years. I was deleting unnecessary messages late last night and somehow managed to delete my entire in box, thousands of emails, in one delete. I tried to move everything back from the Deleted Items folder to the inbox by checking all and moving but it didn't work. The most I've been able to move is 32 at a time. Then I started going through and just moving the ones I wanted to keep back to the inbox, a lengthy process, but after a bit it stopped moving any more back for me. Then I tried making a new folder to put them in and that only worked for awhile and stopped too. Then I tried archiving - again, it only worked for awhile and stopped working again. Is there any way I can just move everything from my deleted folder to another spot to go through later? Or do you see another solution?  Thanks.

Advertisements