Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Programs to Desktop and back ?

• Please log in to reply

lisaandtheword

lisaandtheword

• Pip
  • 1 posts

hi, so I thought I would make my Paint program more handy by dragging it to the desktop. But now I can't find Paint in the Programs list, or pull it up from Programs -> Accessories while trying to capture a screenshot on my Dell computer.

Questions~ Where is my Paint Program at? How do I fix what I did?

and, What's the better/easier way to make shortcuts from programs?

Thanks!

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,
What windows version are you using ?

As a test -->Do you have an image on the desktop ? If so right click on it choose open with paint. See what happens.

Also for now.

Right click the Desktop, point to New, click Shortcut
type mspaint.exe in the location box
Click Next
Name it Paint
Click Finish.

How to create a desktop shortcut?
Open Windows Explorer in Windows 7 or File Explorer in Windows 8.1. Go to the location of the file or folder you want to create a shortcut to. Right-click or press and hold on it and then choose "Send to -> Desktop (create shortcut)". A shortcut is created on the Desktop pointing to the item you have selected.