Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! Widows XP is being a pain in the rear

• Please log in to reply

benzin

benzin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am experiencing the same problem with my computer and require the vgaoem.fon file but this forum will not allow me to download it.

Advertisements

BrokenMice

BrokenMice

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm new here but thanks for this post. I was on the phone with some tech from Micro for over an hour with this vgaoem.fon thing - exact problem as TheFunkyOne. I see clearly how to solve my problem and glad to be a geek with an arsenal of computers here! (ha) Bill Gates should be paying this site.
--Miss Raven (aka BrokenMice)

GeesRiK

GeesRiK

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I've attached vgaoem.fon to this post. Just download it to a floppy and copy it using the command promt in recovery console. :whistling:

copy a:vgaoem.fon c:\windows\system

Any chance you can post this file again? Can;t get my XP CD to expand it... and was going to try one last "direct copy" using me HDD as a slave in another PC...

carmie

carmie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
please can u help me, I have got the same problem with the corrupt vgaoem.fon file and when I checked out your website there is a link to a file to download however I cant access it. It was posted 13th september 2004 by the administrator and that isto hear from you soon .
carmie

lindseywayne

lindseywayne

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Well is there anyone who can help me with this same problem, mine is maybe a little more complicated. I only have gateway recovery disk with windows xp media center 2005 it came preinstalled with my gateway laptop. I have tried all of the other solutions given, however i might note that when I remove the disk from the recovery disk from cd rom drive my computer does note recognize any other drive or any other cd in the cd rom drive. I have tried to copy / expand to another disk but it still doesn't work.

Problem: missing or corrupt file \windows\system\vgaoem.fon

Solution: ????????

Thanks!

badspork

badspork

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I've attached vgaoem.fon to this post. Just download it to a floppy and copy it using the command promt in recovery console. :)

copy a:vgaoem.fon c:\windows\system

This file is missing could you please repost it for Win 2000? My friends computer is a very bulky paperweight at the moment and she has missplaced her system restore cd. thank you kindly. [note to self. always keep a back up of her drive on this computer]

scherisaki

scherisaki

• Pip
  • 4 posts
This is really annoying me. I have no recovery console (Its missing from the F8 menu) and no XP disk because I didn't get one with my computer, its custom made.
The file attatched here is also missing...
Even if I had it I am guessing that It would be no help since I have no way of getting into the Recovery Console. I also have no one to borrow the XP disk from...

Any ideas??

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
scherisaki I would suggest starting your own topic as this one is over a year old.
Assistance would come a lot faster then.
Even though your issue may resemble this there could be other factors to consider.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding

DonnieBall

DonnieBall

• Pip
  • 1 posts
help cant download the vgaoem.fon file