Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lotus notes 9.0.1 file

- - - - -

Best Answer atrace63 , 31 October 2016 - 10:42 AM

I worked with my .nsf file some days ago, but after saving Lotus viewed: The file appears to be corrupted. I checked another my lotus notes files, they were valid. How to restore lotus notes f... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

towery94

towery94

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I worked with my .nsf file some days ago, but after saving Lotus viewed: The file appears to be corrupted. I checked another my lotus notes files, they were valid. How to restore lotus notes file? Any methods or suggestion, some tips...

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

https://www.veritas....icle.HOWTO83501

?

towery94

towery94

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Dude, thank you a lot for an article.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

No problem. :)

towery94

towery94

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I applied a method from article, but .nsf file is still invalid.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Sorry to hear that.

Any file can become so badly corrupted that there is no way to recover the mangled/missing content. :(

That's why backups are so important.

--

The 3-2-1 Backup Strategy

A 3-2-1 strategy means having at least 3 total copies of your data, 2 of which are local but on different mediums (read: devices), and at least 1 copy offsite, (in the cloud).

We’ll use "Kitten.jpg" as an example for this scenario.

• "Kitten.jpg" lives on your computer at home, it was a picture that you took of your cat in 2012. That’s one copy of the data.

• You also have an external hard drive that you use for backing up your computer, if you’re on a Mac, you might be using it as a Time Machine drive. As part of its backup process, that external hard drive will back up "Kitten.jpg". That’s a second copy, on a different device or medium.

• In addition that external hard drive, you also have an online backup solution. The online backup continuously scans your computer and uploads your data offsite to a datacenter. "Kitten.jpg" is included in this upload, and that becomes the third copy of your data.

atrace63

atrace63

• Pip
  • 5 posts
✓  Best Answer

I worked with my .nsf file some days ago, but after saving Lotus viewed: The file appears to be corrupted. I checked another my lotus notes files, they were valid. How to restore lotus notes file? Any methods or suggestion, some tips...

Dude, below two step resolution, which is applied only for every type of corruption in Lotus Notes, otherwise I use Lotus Notes Restore Toolbox it is a special tool from series of Restore Toolbox, which specializes on restoration, software has limited version https://www.restoret...tesrestore.html - for me it was enough to get my .nsf files back...

1) Restore the data from recent database backup
2) R fixup -f", then "compact -c -i" command to recover the corrupt database.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Restore Toolbox

Note: Restore toolbox is from the "Russian Federation".

towery94

towery94

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Restore Toolbox

Note: Restore toolbox is from the "Russian Federation".

I didn't know about it, dude, this tool restored my .nsf file by some moments, any tools from Stellar, SysTools from India weren't restored even a half of my file.