Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP ProDesk 405 G2 MT Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Service Pack 1 "

HP ProDesk 405 G2 MT Windows

Best Answer bonezz777 , 09 November 2016 - 04:34 AM

yes i know it won't fit and why i linked a displayport to hdmi adaptor that you would need to use with the cable you ordered. :- https://www.amazon.c...Z61200J1F39CHWB sorry if i didn't word m... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

bonezz777

bonezz777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Hi Y'all, My bad I ordered the Wrong cable ~hdmi to hdmi~ was Suppose to be Dislpayport to HDMI; I've contacted the guy on ebay, have not heard from them yet, we;ll see if I can swap'em out.....Will mark this "problem solved" Thank You All....Tim

Advertisements

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

yes i know it won't fit and why i linked a displayport to hdmi adaptor that you would need to use with the cable you ordered. :- https://www.amazon.c...Z61200J1F39CHWB

sorry if i didn't word my original post clear enough to avoid any confusion for you.

i only linked that type of adapter because you'd already ordered an hdmi to hdmi cable, otherwise i'd have told you to order a cable like this dp(displayport) to hdmi one :- https://www.amazon.c...layport to hdmi

whatever you do don't try and alter the cable connection to fit in the dp port. it won't work and there is a very good reason why different connection types have different shapes and that is to stop people inserting a wrong cable in a wrong type slot which might have different electrical connections causing a short and maybe destroying the devices it's connected to.

i'd do whatever is going to work out cheapest for you, either return that cable and buy a dp to hdmi one or keep that cable then buy and use it with a dp to hdmi adapter, like the first link in this post.

:popcorn:

sorry was writing this post when you made your last one.

Edited by terry1966, 08 November 2016 - 05:29 AM.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

(Oops, wrong thread).

Edited by SpywareDr, 08 November 2016 - 09:03 AM.

bonezz777

bonezz777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Don't believe I've ever seen a Dell monitor with an "out" port, but you never know. What's the model number on yours and we'll look it up?

Thanks, I checked it out , no go....Thanks

bonezz777

bonezz777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
✓  Best Answer

yes i know it won't fit and why i linked a displayport to hdmi adaptor that you would need to use with the cable you ordered. :- https://www.amazon.c...Z61200J1F39CHWB

sorry if i didn't word my original post clear enough to avoid any confusion for you.

i only linked that type of adapter because you'd already ordered an hdmi to hdmi cable, otherwise i'd have told you to order a cable like this dp(displayport) to hdmi one :- https://www.amazon.c...layport to hdmi

whatever you do don't try and alter the cable connection to fit in the dp port. it won't work and there is a very good reason why different connection types have different shapes and that is to stop people inserting a wrong cable in a wrong type slot which might have different electrical connections causing a short and maybe destroying the devices it's connected to.

i'd do whatever is going to work out cheapest for you, either return that cable and buy a dp to hdmi one or keep that cable then buy and use it with a dp to hdmi adapter, like the first link in this post.

sorry was writing this post when you made your last one.

Hello Terry1966, I Know You did, My bad; I didn't let all this info sink in, I contacted the cable guy on ebay he said he would refund my $$, But I responded, by telling him I will keep the cable and buy the displayport to hdmi adapter......Thanks to All You Kind Folks for Your Help & it's been a learning experience.....Tim :bashhead:                                                       

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

it's been a learning experience

yep, still learning new things myself even though i've used pc's for decades. :spoton: