Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware Waiting Room

• Please log in to reply

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
Hello there,

I have been receiving assistance in the tech forums and was advised by the person helping me there to seek further advice from the malware forum. I posted there on the 24th October, followed by a post in the Waiting Room on the 29th October. Neither was answered.

After waiting patiently for a reply for almost 2 weeks, I have now decided to give up. Luckily, my OS was newly installed (I very cleverly got myself a virus on the first day!) and so it will not be a huge problem to just start again and reinstall it. I am however concerned about the fact that my post - and others in the Waiting Room too - still remain unanswered, while other newer ones have been responded to.

There is a note at the top of the Waiting Room forum indicating that posts there will be replied to. I fully understand that with the best will in the world there will be still be times when everyone is extra busy and that the helpers may find that posts have unintentionally been building up for a few days. I feel strongly though that those posts should not then be completely ignored, with the helpers just assuming that the user no longer needs help. 

Would it not be possible for somebody to be given responsibility for posting a quick message to any users who have been waiting for a few days? Just a brief note, apologising for the lack of response and asking whether the poster still requires assistance? 

Helpers here are quite rightly adamant that the person being helped should not just abandon a topic. I myself have on more than one occasion tried to help somebody here with a simple problem, only to find that they just disappeared....  so I know first hand how annoying it is. From the other side though, it is equally annoying when you have been waiting for help for a long time, reluctant to just give up and pursue alternative options in case you then suddenly get a reply.

I care about GTG because I have received an amazing, unbelievable amount of help here. People are going to be deterred from using the forum though if they see that posts are left completely unanswered without even a hint of an apology.

Have a great weekend everybody.
Chris.

Advertisements

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts

Thank you for your comments. I apologise for this oversight. I am in the process of putting a procedure in place to prevent this happening again.

Channeal

Channeal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
Thank you very much, Azarl. I really hope that nobody was upset by my post; the last thing I wanted to do was upset anybody.

I do not actually mind how long I wait for a reply, as long as I get one in the end. I know that everybody here gives there time voluntarily and that they have busy lives away from here. When I saw that the newer posts were being replied to however, I really thought that the older ones were not going to be answered at all.

I am very grateful to all the helpers for all that they do here.

Chris.