Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wifi taken massive reduction in speed, no line problems apparently

• Please log in to reply

PaleHorse094

PaleHorse094

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Hi there!

Over the weekend my internet for the entire house has slowed down hugely with no real reason. Contacted my ISP and they've said there's nothing wrong with the line, reset the router multiple times and nothing still constant speed drops.

According to Speedtest.net it goes from 28mbps to 1-7 mbps when it starts acting up and then it continues to fluctuate. Wireless extender is also suffering from the same issues. I have also gone through the different channels for the router and that hasn't made a difference either. 

Thanks in advance for any help cause I'm out of ideas now!

Advertisements

chrissymarie

chrissymarie

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Please open an elevated command prompt and run this command. copy and past this ping google.com  in the cmd window. give a screen shot of the results.

PaleHorse094

PaleHorse094

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

https://postimg.org/image/ligqftqqt/

chrissymarie

chrissymarie

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Please connect directly to the modem with a computer and test the speed several times. Report back with results