Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not bootable computer

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,109 posts

A friend gave me her computer to check. 

It can't boot. 

The initial error was 000000e > a required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

I created a Windows 10 media creation tool and tried Method 1 here: FIX: A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed 0x000000E on Windows 10/8/8.1 - WinTips.org

However, I am still getting this: Total identified Windows installations: 0

After that, I removed the disk (it's an SSD actually) and put it in an external case. It flashes, and shows for a while system reserve as a disk (D). Sometimes, disk E also appears and disappears (it's the SSD). Then, everything disappears, and again the same thing. 

I put the SSD back in the computer, and now I'm getting a different error: 000000f > BCD is missing or corrupted. 

I tried to run Diskpart > list disk > list partition (the Windows disk and partition are shown), but I get the error: Diskpart has encountered an error. A device which does not exist was specified. 

Is the disk dead or there is something I miss? 

Advertisements

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Malware Removal
  • 4,109 posts

I forgot to say that the SSD is new. She replaced it last year.