Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard drive not accessible after bios reset..........

• Please log in to reply

Deepesh Bhatt

Deepesh Bhatt

• Pip
  • 1 posts

guys i am suffring from a problem which is my pc cannot detect my hdd...... There were bad sectors on my hdd of which i think would solve after bios reset as i did a bios reset by removing the CMOS battery from the motherboard but after reset this problem occured....... please help me as i  can't buy a new hdd....PLEASE................ THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• download.jpg

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts

Reseting the BIOS is not going to fix a problem with bad sectors on a disk. It is likely that the disk finally died.

You can see about downloading the diagnostics from the manufacturer of the disk to see if the disk can be seen at all.

You should also check to see if you happened to bump any cables when you took the battery out. It might just be that one of the cables is no longer properly connected.