Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BSOD Video Scheduler Internal Error.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Hello, I have Dell XPS15 L50x running Windows 10. I am trying to play a few PC games (sims 3 at the moment). I cannot get the game to run for more than a few minutes before it freezes and then I get the BSOD with the Video Scheduler Internal Error message.

I have a Nvidia GT 540m graphics card. I looked up soom articles online and they suggested I use CCleaner to fix potential registry errors. So I did that.

It was also suggested that I completely uninstall all Nvidia files/drivers and reinstall them. So I also did that. I haven't gotten the BSOD screen yet but the game still freezes just minutes into playing. I'm sure I will get it again at some point.

Anyway, I was able to run sims 3 with minimal issues prior to the Win 10 update. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Advertisements

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Maybe Windows 10 graphics card driver is buggy you can install Windows 7, 8 and Windows 8.1 drivers see any one of these drivers will resolve your issue.

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Ok so I forced the game to run off the internal HD graphics and it seems to work OK. So this seems like its a graphic card issue. Is there anyway to fix this issue without having to downgrade to an older OS?

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

You have miss understand me Windows 10 is compatible with Windows 7, 8 and Windows 8.1 graphic card drivers try graphic card driver from these versions of the Windows OS.

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

You have miss understand me Windows 10 is compatible with Windows 7, 8 and Windows 8.1 graphic card drivers try graphic card driver from these versions of the Windows OS.

So I am trying to install the older drivers of the Nvidia graphics card. I got to the installation screen and it said that the installation could not continue because those drivers are not compatible with the Windows OS that is installed on my system.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: tried a clean install with the Nvidia Windows 10 drivers and still freezing. If I force the game to run on the Integrated graphics (Intel HD graphics 3000), it seems to work just fine but on low quality settings.

Edited by corn4ahead, 06 December 2016 - 09:00 PM.

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Are you installing correct bit version of the drivers?

You can install the driver in compatibility mode. Right Click the driver installation file and select Properties/Compatibility Tab. Select the appropriate options in from the list.

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I did that. I tried to install Windows 7 driver on Windows 7 compatibility mode and Windows 8 the same way. My system is 64 bit. I used the correct version. It makes it to the installation screen and then stops and says it isn't compatible.

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

That is strange i never had that issue before can you give me the link to where you have downloaded the drivers from.

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

http://www.nvidia.co...aspx?lang=en-us

I used this link and then selected GeForce GT 540M, Windows 10 (64bit). I also used the same thing to get the Windows 7/8 drivers.

EDIT: The attached image is what it says when I try to download the Windows 7/8 drivers.

Attached Thumbnails

• gcard.jpg

Edited by corn4ahead, 07 December 2016 - 03:36 PM.

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Download the graphic card  driver from Dell website.

Advertisements

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I did that and I think it installed correctly. I used a Windows 7 one. Still froze and got BSOD. Maybe it's a registry error?

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Your laptop should have Intel graphic controller integrated within CPU install latest driver for the Intel graphic controller.

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Your laptop should have Intel graphic controller integrated within CPU install latest driver for the Intel graphic controller.

Yeah, and like I said, it seems to run fine off that Intel integrated chip. However, it should be using the Nvidia dedicated graphics card and I cannot seem to get it to run correctly with the Nvidia chip.

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Can you please upload the BSOD memory dump files stored at C:\Windows\Minidump folder.

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

It says that I am not permitted to upload that type of file.