Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BSOD Video Scheduler Internal Error.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

I honestly do not remember if I installed them in that order. I just followed the prompt when it asked me if I wanted to install windows 10.

Also, I tried downloading the driver from the Dell Website but was unable to. There was no driver for the touchpad. I used the link from that video to get the driver.

Can you uninstall the touchpad driver and let Windows install touchpad driver don't install any touchpad driver if its not from laptop manufacturer website.

Advertisements

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

I honestly do not remember if I installed them in that order. I just followed the prompt when it asked me if I wanted to install windows 10.

Also, I tried downloading the driver from the Dell Website but was unable to. There was no driver for the touchpad. I used the link from that video to get the driver.

Can you uninstall the touchpad driver and let Windows install touchpad driver don't install any touchpad driver if its not from laptop manufacturer website.

That is exactly what I did. It would not reinstall the appropriate driver. I lost all multi-touch capabilities. It provides just basic mouse control.

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Synaptics' TouchPad device drivers are customized and supported by notebook manufacturers to meet specific driver requirements for their individual products. To ensure the appropriate driver for your device, always use the driver your specific notebook OEM supports. Use Windows Update which may install Synaptics' TouchPad device driver.

"How to Use the Precision Touchpad Features in Windows 8(8.1) and 10"

http://www.dell.com/...19/SLN298584/en

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I tried that, it did not install the synaptics touchpad driver.

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Where did you get the first synaptics touchpad driver that was installed.

"This device cannot start" Code 10 error in Device Manager in Windows"

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
It must have automatically installed when I upgraded to Windows 10

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

The Windows Update installs all drivers and software for the touchpad. Visit below link to download synaptics touchpad driver.

http://www.synaptics.com/resources

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Ok, thank you for finding that for me. For some reason I had trouble with finding it. Anyway, I got the touchpad working correctly again. Thank you.

Now what steps should I take to get the Video card to respond correctly now that the touchpad driver is fixed.

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Are you still getting BSOD error?