I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series 15.6" touchscreen laptop that I bought in June of 2014 that won't start. I really need this laptop for school work and can't exactly afford an expensive fix or a brand new laptop (nor do I want to deal with the hassle during finals) so I've tried doing my own research. It was working fine two days ago and I put it into hibernate and didn't use it at all yesterday until last night when I went to boot it up. The charging light on the laptop was on as well as the light on the charging cord adapter. I thought it must have died during the day so I let it charge for a while before trying again but when I went back the charging light on the laptop wasn't on but the light on the adapter still was. Upon doing a little research myself online, I saw a recommendation to remove the batter and the power cord and hold the power button for a spanse of time. That didn't work. I tried another recomendations of leaving it unplugged and the battery out for a couple hours. So i left it like that overnight and put it back together and plugged it in this morning and still no light. From a bit more digging I think (and hope) that it is only the battery that needs to be replaced. Any and all help is appreciated!
Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series laptop won't start
Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:16 AM
Have you tried removing the main battery and using only the AC adapter to power the notebook.
Upon doing a little research myself online, I saw a recommendation to remove the batter and the power cord and hold the power button for a spanse of time. That didn't work.
When you do this you should also remove the RAM, reason being that static build up in the RAM and MB circuit can cause the very issue you have at the moment, see my canned text below;
Disconnect the AC adapter from the mains and the notebook.
Remove the main power battery.
Gently blow out the memory slot/s, use canned compressed air if available but never use a compressor airline as there could be moisture in the hose.
Never use a vacuum cleaner near electrical circuits as they produce static which can be disastrous.
Press the power on button for 30 seconds to dispel any residual charge in the computer.
Replace the RAM, connect the AC adaptor (no main battery) to the notebook + mains power and test.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users