Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP!

• Please log in to reply

king08

king08

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello everybody. Ill just get to it. The other night i smelt a little something like burning. Didnt pay much attention. At that point my pc was still working. This morning i powerd on my pc and it turned on. Went to get some coffee and came back it was off. Tried to power it up again but now it wont turn on. The mobo power light is still on, so i dont know if its the psu. Now i feel like that smell that i smelt has something to do with it. No fans are spinning but the mobo seems to still be getting power(as per the mobo light) What can i do...i have important info i need to get at in there. Somebody please help

Advertisements

Deadringers

Deadringers

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Smell of Burning? how old is your PC because i had a similar prob on a verrrry old comp of mine. PSU could be it but so could it also be the mother board.

king08

king08

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
not old at all just built it less than six months ago. any suggestions? also how could i tell if its the mobo?

Edited by king08, 17 June 2005 - 09:20 AM.

Deadringers

Deadringers

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
where is it? and do you open the case often? because dust can build up quickly on certian types of floors.

king08

king08

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
its on my desk and last time i opened it was about 3 months ago. but it is dusty in my apartment u think that could be a cause. i havent blown it with compressed air in a while.