Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help! All transfers hang over sata usb, even wifi!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

hmp3

hmp3

• PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

I've had this annoying issue for more than a year now. Called my pc vendor, done all virus tests, and all the usual pc checks, updated all drivers chipset, bios.
I'm really fed up of doing the usual so please skip this when you reply.
All fie transfers hang start but then hang over esata, ssd, hdd, usb and even wifi!
That includes all of my usb ports, sata cables internal and external. I have a new phone, and I've tried transferring over wifi to see if it was a hardware connection problem. It's not!
I've also tried transferring big files, small, combination, folders , tried using teracopy too!
If I wait long enough the file transfer resumes only to hang again moments later, unless it's a small file, which still initially hangs but eventually finishes transferring.
Downloads & uploads work.

Acronis backups & restores work.
This issue persists on a fresh copy of vista & windows 7
Please help it's driving me mad! I can't take it any more!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 4
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 12278 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (94 GB Free); E: 1863 GB (435 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P6T
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Enabled and Updated

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hello phickspc,

We are always happy to help when we can but we cannot safely do so if you are already receiving assistance on any other forum, doing so may lead to confusion as to whose and what guidance you are following which can be both dangerous and costly, decide on which forum you wish to continue and as a courtesy let the other/s know that assistance is no longer required.

Thank you for your understanding.

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Okay but if help on other forums resolve the problem, then I don't have new ideas to try.

So I post on more than one forum to get more ideas also some forums reply faster than others

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

As said we are always happy to help when we can but we cannot safely do so if you are already receiving assistance on any other forum, safely is the key word here, if you were to follow a suggestion made elsewhere that hosed your computer who would you hold to account.

Edit by phillpower2: OP has started and abandoned threads on various forums, thread closed.