Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CCTV DVR Port mapping

• Please log in to reply

Sugarcandy546

Sugarcandy546

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello! Please can somebody out there help me...
I have recently had installed a "H.264 DVR" CCTV system, and everything is working fine apart from when I want to view it on my iPhone outside of home.
There is an app which is supported by it called "KMEye", and it works perfectly when I am at home connected via my Wifi. However, today when I was at work on my Vodafone 4G network, the cameras failed to display on my app.
I believe this is something to do with "Port Forwarding/Mapping"?.
I have followed the instructions and gone specifically into my Virgin hub 3.0 router and added the IP address from my DVR box and the port number assigned to my DVR box and phone - but nothing is working??

I have tried everything but I am totally lost now. Any help/guide on this matter would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Anything here that might offer a clue. There are other videos available too.

Hopefully some responds that is familiar with your set up.

Joe