Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless problems (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 08 January 2017 - 02:23 PM

waterbuffalo, could someone please explain what "driver power state failure" means please,  Will do my best, to save power Windows will often shutdown devices such as US... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

No worries about any screenshot the MTB log should tell us what we need to know;

Tip

If using a computer and not a mobile phone, please avoid adding multiple posts while waiting for us to reply to your last, edit your last post to include anything that you wish to add, this will ensure nothing gets overlooked which can sometimes happen if a thread has more than one page

Edit by phillpower2;

Some info regarding the internet connection and some general observations.

Error: (02/11/2017 10:35:05 AM) (Source: DCOM) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: application-specificLocalActivation{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}NT AUTHORITYLOCAL SERVICES-1-5-19LocalHost (Using LRPC)UnavailableUnavailable

Can I ask if you are using Windows Defender as your anti virus protection as I see nothing else installed and the above error can be generated by Windows Defender.

Obvious problems with Microsoft Edge (it sucks anyway), you have Google so suggest disabling Edge, a guide here

Error: (02/10/2017 10:03:32 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The hpsrv service failed to start due to the following error: 
%%1053 = The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Error: (02/10/2017 10:03:32 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the hpsrv service to connect.

The above are related to HP 3D DriveGuard software which takes care of the HDD on supported HP computers, the latest appropriate version that I can find for your notebook is here, try uninstalling the present version and then download install the version from here

You really don`t need the two following programs and should get rid of them;

inSSIDer Home

WiFi Channel Scanner 

Most of us only have one ISP/one internet access point so don`t need any program to tell us which is the best internet connection available, unless the neighbours don`t mind all and sundry piggybacking their connection that is  :whistling:

Advertisements

waterbuffal

waterbuffal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

yes, i am using defender...if it is possible to permanently disable it then i will install avast..

the 2 programs were uninstalled using revo

any idea where i would find hp driveguard..its not in control panel uninstall prorams

have made chrome the default browser

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Defender should be automatically disabled when Avast is detected, don`t have anything from Cnet pushed on you but instead download Avast from the Authors site option here once installed if you check Defender should be shown to be disabled.

Once installed, please allow Avast to check for updates and run a full scan of your computer, this not intended as any form of malware removal guidance and just letting you know that it is the way it is best done.

If you cannot find HP driveguard it could be that there are orphan files on your drive and that is why it is detected but not working, go straight for the download and install from the link here and see how it goes.

inSSIDer Home, WiFi Channel Scanner and Google info acknowledged  :thumbsup:

waterbuffal

waterbuffal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

unable to instal drive guard as the accelerometer hardware is not present or supported in this unit

followed the link for avast but there was lots of other stuff it wanted to download with it and ive no idea what i want or dont want,  would it be ok to get it from ninite instead?

Edited by waterbuffal, 11 February 2017 - 09:45 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Well that is odd as it is clearly shown in the MTB log  :headscratch:

Can you tell us the exact model of HP Pavilion 15 notebook it is that you have, HP Pavilion 15-e034tx for example. 

Did you click on the Authors site option as suggested, I would never suggest anything that would land you with foistware hence the Cnet avoidance info, take a look at the attached screenshot and you will see that I was able to download Avast without being landed with anything else, never use third party installers or updaters myself as I deem them a recipe for disaster.

waterbuffal

waterbuffal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

yes, clicked on authors site... do i click on install or custom install ?

do i need safeprice browser extension

model number

15 p 199na

Edited by waterbuffal, 11 February 2017 - 11:41 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Click on custom and uncheck the install Avast Safezone browser plug in, seen it cause too many problems in the past  :ranting:

You don`t need SafePrice either.

Drive guard specific to your computer is here so not sure why it previously said the hardware is not present or supported, has the HDD ever been replaced.

waterbuffal

waterbuffal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

well, that seemed to work...driveguard downloaded and installed  :spoton:

hdd has not been replaced

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

All we can do is wait and see how it goes.

NB: Has Avast been installed, updated and run without any problem.

waterbuffal

waterbuffal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

avast is installed, i ran smart scan and it found issues with

vulnerable software

network

performance

weak passwords

do i just click on "resolve all"

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

If you click on any of those Avast will probably try and sell you the Pro version, just stick with the free AV protection and regular AV updates/scans.

waterbuffal

waterbuffal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

okee dokee, hopefully we're all fixed.

once again, huge thanks for your time and ill see what happens in the next couple of days  :spoton:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

You are welcome and good luck  :thumbsup:

NB: Before I forget, be sure to create a new restore point for the present settings and resist the temptation to download any driver updates for the foreseeable future unless it is to address and will resolve a known issue, being a notebook that is up to date you should now not need to update anything other than Windows and Avast when prompted by them.

waterbuffal

waterbuffal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

well, its been a couple of days and the wifi has not dropped off once :) so i reckon you fixed it...

you can close this now and many many thanks for all your help

regards

nige

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Glad to hear it, thanks for the follow up Nige and you are welcome  :thumbsup: