The following situation is causing a potential heart attack (no joke)
Note: I rarely (once every 2-3 years) need any help on hardware/software problems.
Basic problem (many branches)
- Running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on a DIY Xeon E3-1230, 16GB RAM, dual Radeon R7's, multiple SSD's, etc.
- Using Google Chrome browser with igHome - all mentioned software are most recent.
- The Accuweather gadget installed in igHome started displaying New Britain,CT instead of Bozeman,MT as my location about 3-6 months ago.
Steps I've taken to address the situation
- By typing in Bozeman into the gadget, I can temporarily see my local weather, however
- Reloading gadget reverts to NB (New Britain)
- Reloading or refreshing igHome tab reverts to NB
- Reloading Chrome reverts to NB
2. (Your form doesn't allow sub-lists nicely) I suspect the issue is with cookies, but where???
- Accuweather?, igHome?, Chrome?
- I've used cCleaner to remove most iterations of the cookies each program/gadget adds while deleting/restoring each program/gadget with no luck.
- I've also tried the same with MS Edge. (no luck)
3. Sub-issue - My first thought as to where to call for help was in the cCleaner forum ... couldn't sign in!!!
- reregistered there with new pswd ... still couldn't login!
- I run cCleaner Pro (most recent version) ... am aware of the Win10 issue with the install file name change pb)
- Also tried to login with Edge (no luck)
- No way to contact Piriform without being able to login!!! AARGGHHH!
Anyone have any ideas? (Other than forgetting about Accuweather and logging in to Piriform)