Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to access BIOS/UEFI - Empty UEFI Screen

• Please log in to reply

slackmonkey

slackmonkey

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Platform:
Windows 10 Pro
GA-X79-UD5 rev 1.0
E5-2670
40GB DDR3 Quad
512 SSD
GTX 1060

Scenario:
Upgraded Video Card from GTX 560 Ti to GTX 1060 Strix, machine boots but no video output or just black/blank screen. 

Did a bit of online research and realize that two ways of fixing this
1. Change PCI setting to Legacy in BIOS/UEFI
2. Update to latest BIOS.

I decided to try and update BIOS to latest BETA (13w) using @BIOS from Windows. Everything went ok, reboots fine and still does now with Windows loading no problem, BUT i can't get to BIOS/UEFI???

All i get is the UEFI empty blue screen, no menus/options, just blank screen...

So i thought maybe i can reverse back to previous BIOS from windows but program wouldn't allow this. I tried sticking BIOS file in USB but the problem is i can't get to BIOS.

I Have tried running backup BIOS as board has two, but still same problem.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

Did you read the Notes? Did you follow the procedure?   Using anything Beta is always risky.

1. Beta BIOS
  2. Support IVB-E CPU

(Note) Please update @BIOS to ver.2.33 and be sure to reflash this BIOS through @BIOS ver2.33. 
(Note) To Support IVB-E CPU, the Intel driver must be updated in advanced. 
Especially this. (Note) 3D BIOS will be no longer support after updating this BIOS.

​Please let us know exactly what you did before trying other fixes.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

Not heard back from you for a while!!   Have you solved your problem, or still need more help?   An update would be appreciated.

Thanks.