Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Planning on buying PC

• Please log in to reply

blau_

blau_

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am planning on buying the computer below, but I don't know if the specs for it are relatively bad for it's $500 price point. It seems relatively worth it but could someone confirm it for me?

Advertisements

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,101 posts

Welcome to GeeksToGo, blau_

I'm glad you're getting yourself a new computer...unfurtunally you are asking about "the computer below" but no details of a computer came along... If you'll go ahead and post the details I'll try to give you my opinion, and maybe others will give their's as well.

blau_

blau_

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Welcome to GeeksToGo, blau_

I'm glad you're getting yourself a new computer...unfurtunally you are asking about "the computer below" but no details of a computer came along... If you'll go ahead and post the details I'll try to give you my opinion, and maybe others will give their's as well.

Weird. I posted a photo along with my post, but here's the specs

1. 3.8 GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad Core

2. 8 GB of DDR3 Ram

3. 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA III HDD

4. AMD Radeon R7 240 ( 2 GB ) (Can somebody explain to me what this means? And is 2 GB going to be enough?)

5. VGA | DVI | HDMI (This also)

6. Super-Multi DVD Drive

7. 10/100/1000 Mbgs Gigabit Ethernet (Can someone explain this to me, I do not know if I would need to purchase a wifi card or not)

8. Cyber power PC 260S Mid-Tower Case (White)

9. USB Gaming Keyboard & Mouse Included

10. Windows 10 home (64 bit)

P.S: I plan on doing some light gaming on this (CSGO) and maybe even some heavier games like Dota 2 or LOL, so I would know if this would be the most optimal thing for me to purchase for $500, thanks

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,101 posts

Nice specs. This is as good as it goes for the sub-500 price range! (though I think it might be worth to pay $50 more for this one. but it really depends on your budget.)

blau_

blau_

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Nice specs. This is as good as it goes for the sub-500 price range! (though I think it might be worth to pay $50 more for this one. but it really depends on your budget.)

m read more reviews about the computer and not liking what I'm seeing. Many negative and positive reviews but most of them say I should replace the power supply of the computer, which is decently expensive. But I am thinking about this computer also: http://www.ebay.com/...m-/391529507544 . But this one seems a little too good to be true, any opinions?

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,101 posts

m read more reviews about the computer and not liking what I'm seeing. Many negative and positive reviews but most of them say I should replace the power supply of the computer, which is decently expensive. But I am thinking about this computer also: http://www.ebay.com/...m-/391529507544 . But this one seems a little too good to be true, any opinions?

I would not really look at customer reviews that much on items like this (BTW, on Amazon this does score 4 stars http://amzn.to/2lmdm92, most PCs score lower) because it is, after all, a "budget" gaming build and people expect it to work like a beast that costs double....

The eBay build I would give a definite no! First of all, it is a private builder and not build by a known brand like CyberPowerPC. 2nd, it does not have a dedicated GPU, which is a must for gaming, vs the build you mentioned has an "AMD Radeon R7 240 (2 GB)" which, although not the most powerfull, meets the minimum requirements of all the game titles you have mentioned.

blau_

blau_

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I would not really look at customer reviews that much on items like this (BTW, on Amazon this does score 4 stars http://amzn.to/2lmdm92, most PCs score lower) because it is, after all, a "budget" gaming build and people expect it to work like a beast that costs double....

The eBay build I would give a definite no! First of all, it is a private builder and not build by a known brand like CyberPowerPC. 2nd, it does not have a dedicated GPU, which is a must for gaming, vs the build you mentioned has an "AMD Radeon R7 240 (2 GB)" which, although not the most powerfull, meets the minimum requirements of all the game titles you have mentioned.

They have a relatively high satisfaction rating, but true, eBay really isn't that reliable of a site. But this computer right here: http://www.ebay.com/...-/302218650763? seems like a beast computer for only $300. The only concern I have is about the graphics card. I have read too many bad reviews about Integrated Radeon™ R7 Graphics (6 GPU Core), but it seems relatively well for light gaming such as CSGO. I will browse more on Amazon and update you after.

Cheers !