Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer hardware issues.. (Resolved).

Best Answer phillpower2 , 20 February 2017 - 05:47 AM

Depends on the quality of UPS that you purchase and what you are hoping to protect with any surge protector as in the PC or the UPS itself, the two example UPS that I post links to have "Automatic... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Raju Pal

Raju Pal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Are you sure my PSU can take the load??? If not,it can fully damage my PSU right?? Also my other components aren't overclocked yet!

Edited by Raju Pal, 14 February 2017 - 08:48 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Your PSU will be fine and your hardware does not need to be overclocked to run the program, remember you are only checking to see if the computer runs ok under a full load while you have a constant power supply from the mains electrical supply, if all goes well the present UPS should be upgraded.

Raju Pal

Raju Pal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have completed the testing with OCCT. Testing was normal.. no error, nothing happens during the test.!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

This suggests that your hardware is ok and the problem is indeed with the budget level UPS.

Can you post a link to where you may possibly purchase a new UPS from, we can take a look and suggest the most appropriate UPS if one is available to you from any link that you may provide.

Raju Pal

Raju Pal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
usually I purchase from amazon.in or flipkart.com
They have better services here. You can give me suggestions from there.!!
Today I was surfing and found an UPS. model name was APC BX1100C-IN. It has sine wave facility.
will it be compatible for my system..?? also give some more suggestions..!!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Today I was surfing and found an UPS. model name was APC BX1100C-IN. It has sine wave facility.
will it be compatible for my system..??

Nope and reason being it is only stepped approximation to a sinewave technology which means that there will be a slight delay between the power going out and the back up battery kicking in, the APC Back-UPS 1100VA, 230V BX1100C-IN is also not listed as being PFC compliant and only has a 1 year warranty, specs here

also give some more suggestions..!! 

Like the help we provide here good manners are free, please afford myself or any other member that may chime in with a suggestion for you a simple please or thank you.

If you do not have an add on video card and not running Windows 10 something like the CyberPower CP900EPFCLCD Backup UPS PFC Pure Sinewave 900VA/540W 2 x UK Sockets 4 x IEC

If you do have an add on video card let us know what it is, if you are running Windows 10 CyberPower CP1300EPFCLCD Backup UPS PFC Pure Sinewave 1300VA/780W 2 x UK Sockets 4 x IEC

Take a look at the thread here and in particular what Lady Fitzgerald explains and you will see the importance of having a pure sine wave and PFC spec UPS in India.

Raju Pal

Raju Pal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok, thanks for your help.. much appreciated..will knock again if I need more help.!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

You are welcome Raju Pal and thanks for the update  :thumbsup:

Raju Pal

Raju Pal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I want another advice.. can a surge protector help me in this matter?? Should I buy one to check this??

Edited by Raju Pal, 19 February 2017 - 10:14 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
✓  Best Answer

Depends on the quality of UPS that you purchase and what you are hoping to protect with any surge protector as in the PC or the UPS itself, the two example UPS that I post links to have "Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR) and EMI, RFI, Surge and Spike Protection"

Advertisements

Raju Pal

Raju Pal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok thanks again. Have a good day.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts