Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard and cursor frozen on Samsung laptop

• Please log in to reply

tallula28

tallula28

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
Hi, my keyboard and cursor are frozen on my laptop. I have tried pushing fn and all of the fnumber buttons and still won't work. The keyboard works fine on when I turn the laptop on as I am able to select to start in normal mode then when the start page comes up the cursorarrow is stuck in the middle of page and keyboard is not working either.

Please help!!

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Is this still XP?

Can you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?

(Reboot and when you see the maker's logo, hear a beep or it talks about F8, start tapping the F8 key slowly.  Keep tapping until the Safe Mode Menu appears and choose Safe Mode with Networking.  Login with your usual login.)

tallula28

tallula28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Thank you for your reply. I have now managed to solve this by plugging in a mouse and doing a system restore and it's working again! Don't know what caused this though.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

OK.  Glad you fixed it.