Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two laptops on home wifi creating slowdown on one laptop

• Please log in to reply

Mark Knight

Mark Knight

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Both using windows 10 on the same model asus laptop.

When both are online : One laptop is always browsing fast on the wifi, one is always browsing slow.

The slow browsing laptop was always fast before the other laptop arrived.

What can i do? 

The router is a standard home router.

Wifi is 4g using a sim card in the router.

Please help good people.

Advertisements

Makko

Makko

Freshman

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Hi Mark Knight,

The browsing speed may have to do with multiple connections at once. I know at home on my older router when a few of us are online (especially watching youtube!) it slows it down significantly. The fact that you're browsing with 4g definitely wouldn't help the case. 

What model is your router, where are you based (location roughly) and your provider? Someone might be able to offer some more advice. 

Otherwise contact your internet provider, they will more than likely have an answer for you. :)

Keep us posted.

crishwatson

crishwatson

• Pip
  • 8 posts

I have the same issue. I have NetGear router and when I use one laptop the another person on second laptop experience slow Internet speed.

andu05

andu05

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Ummm, this is very strange. Are you sure that the settings are correct? Try to update them. I always use hints from 192.168.1.1 There're lots of instructions and hope your Internet connection will be restored.