Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to search MP3 length in Windows 10 - HELP!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

rocky6081

rocky6081

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi folks,

I'm at my wit's end at the moment - I'm using Windows 10 File Explorer, and trying to figure out how to search my music drive (which I've indexed under Indexing Options) for MP3 files of a certain length (that is, 2 minutes 30 seconds). There are 100,000 odd MP3 files, all in different folders on this drive, and I know there's a way I can do it - but the search terms I'm using just aren't working - consistently coming up with zero results.

What terms should I be entering into the search bar to find an MP3 file of LENGTH at exactly 2 minutes 30 seconds?

I've tried "length:2:30", "length:150s" and various other combinations but it's not working.

Has anybody here got any ideas as to what search terms I should be using?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Sean

Edited by rocky6081, 22 February 2017 - 10:29 AM.

Advertisements