Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware Bytes program keeps bringing up blocked website notices consta

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Ok, so I'll upgrade my Malwarebytes Pro and download Microsoft security essentials. Thanks for clarifying.

Advertisements

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Ok.I installed Microsoft Security Essentials. It did a Quick scan and found no threats. I haven't had anymore annoying pop-ups  from Malwarebytes like I was. Thank you for your help.

Edited by betsym, 22 March 2017 - 03:37 AM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,095 posts
Hello,
You're welcome

You can delete all the tools we used right click and delete them as well as any log files from the desktop.

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
There is something MAJOR going on with my computer!!! When I shut it down a while ago, it said it was installing 222 updates. It got to update 178 and got stuck there. After an hour or so, I restarted the computer. When it came back on, there was an error message saying, "Failure configuring windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off computer." It stayed on that for at least 30 minutes then started trying to start windows and then suddenly went back to configuring windows. Finally, windows came up. What is going on?

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,095 posts
Hello,

I have an entire page about this issue ("Failure configuring windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off computer." )
Here it is--> https://support.micr...windows-updates

Don't do anything on the page, but those are some of the things we could possibility get into if needed.

Windows up-Date has been an ongoing problem for many users. Your issue could be related to not enough free space, hopefully we have freed up enough. I know I freed up 6Gb of space when we cleaned temp files, see if you can free up more space by moving some of your files to external drive.

When you're done with the computer today / tonight, restart it and let me know what it says and what errors are or information is displayed.

Remember Windows needs 20 percent free space to run correctly, that's 20 percent of the total size (Capacity) of the "C" drive.

We can check the free space too.

To do that
Click start
Click Computer in the list
Right click Local disc and choose properties.

Tell me what the numbers say for:

Used space:

Free space:

Capacity:

Capacity is the total size of the drive

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Used space: 929 GB

Free space: 2.14 GB

Capacity: 931 GB

Looks like lack of space might be the problem....

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

used space: 929 GB

free space: 2.14 GB

now I keep getting a message saying to close programs to prevent loss due to low memory.....looks like I HAVE to start deleting stuff and freeing up space ASAP...

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

used space: 929 GB

free space: 2.14 GB

now I keep getting a message saying to close programs to prevent loss due to low memory.....looks like I HAVE to start deleting stuff and freeing up space ASAP...

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,095 posts
Hello

Your Drive capacity is 931GB

20% free space means you need to have 186GB free. That would be a lot of files to move / delete, but it needs to be done.

What's on the drive ? I'm guessing lots of music and stuff like that.

I'd also like to take a closer look at the computer when you get time.

To do that
Download then run Speccy (free) https://www.piriform.com/speccy and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s.

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

file was too  big to upload. Now what do I do?

Edited by betsym, 24 March 2017 - 11:25 AM.

Advertisements

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I saved it as a text file. Give me a time, any time, and you can look at the computer....

Attached Files

Edited by betsym, 24 March 2017 - 11:28 AM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,095 posts
Thanks.

I'll look at that asap.

Are you getting space freed up ? I think you're going to need an external hard drive to move files to it.

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I have 2 4TB external hard drives actually. I'm going to back my computer up then run a  file duplicate program that gets rid of duplicates. I plan to work all through the night so, If at any time, you are up and on the forum, let me know.

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I've been working on clearing space for 2 days and have freed up 69.7 GB so far......I'm going to clear some more and post back...

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,095 posts
What's taking up all the space ?