Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

problems connecting to internet

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i recently restored my computer but before restoring it, i was able to connect to the internet just fine. so after i restored it, i wasnt able to connect to the internet. i tried msn several times but it says theres a bad connection but i didnt touch or moved any of the lines.

i am sure everything is where it should be, the phone line and modem are connected (im using dial-up) but i dont hear a dial tone when i try to connect it. i just restored another computer in the house the same way and was able to connect to the internet just fine, so im confused at why my own computer isnt connecting.

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
you know there are 2 Jacks on the modem?
1 for the phone LINE
1 for a regualer phone to pass though the modem so you can use the phone when your not on the INET

Edited by RogueComGeek, 17 June 2005 - 03:17 PM.