Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to connect to wifi (Resolved).

wifi internet

Best Answer zavalamerry , 28 August 2017 - 07:50 PM

I clicked on "follow this topic" and it sent emails to my account twice then I no longer got emails.  I don't know if I did something wrong.  Anyway it is a moot point now.  Rkinner... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

zavalamerry

zavalamerry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Yes they were both run after I tried many times to uninstall them through Revro.  I will run the reports again to make sure.  Files attached.

BTW after I loaded Revo I got the Yahoo search engine and the Chromium program even though I said not to add them to my computerl  I think I was able to delete them through add/delete but wonder if they are still lurking in the background? 

I am confused as to what you are referring to: "alternative Linksys USB adapter".  

My system continues to "crash" saying no internet connection and it still is very slow to connect to searchs made. 

From what I understand in your last response Phill is that after all that work I still did not get rid of Panda or Bitdefender.  Am I understanding you correctly? 

Thanks again Phill for your help and guidance.  Hope these new reports are what you need. 

Merry 

Attached Files

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Did you notice that I edited your reply #35 to remove your Windows product key, needed to do the same in your new Speccy report, we will need a new Speccy report before we are finished so can you please edit out the info yourself before uploading the new report, this is the very reason why I generally prefer the url, no product keys are on view.

BitDefender and Panda are still on your computer as reported by Autoruns and Speccy.

Chrome is also still showing up in Autoruns and Speccy.

Do you know what Kromtech Account Service is, it is running on your computer and it may be associated with Avira AV, see info here

Do you have any Hewlett Packard devices connected to your computer, their software is showing up as is Verizon Wireless Software Utility, any ideas on what they are.

I am confused as to what you are referring to: "alternative Linksys USB adapter".  

A blip on my behalf, it was the D-Link device you previously mentioned and not a new Linksys device :oops:  

We can make a start on tidying things up after we have read your next update.

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Phill, I have used IObit Uninstaller in the past to get rid of stubborn programs (I don't know if it is a program approved by GTG though).

It has an option to scan for leftover bits (which Revo probably also has) Sometimes, after failing to uninstall fully by normal means I have actually downloaded the offending program all over again then used IObit to delete again and scan for leftover bits and that has actually worked. I don't want to interfere, but am just wondering if you think it might be worth a try?

Chris.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Thanks Chris, unfortunately though IObit programs are generally on the avoid list due to their PC Speedbooster and optimisation promising type programs landing users in trouble.

Your input is always welcome and appreciated btw  :thumbsup:

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Okay. I did wonder if it might not be approved here, although I have never seen any evidence of the problems you mentioned myself. Sorry.

I take it you think that it would not be worthwhile downloading the programs again and then using Revo? (Am sure you would have said if you did though, so you can ignore that question!)

I will go away now and leave you in peace :)

I hope you manage to get all your problems sorted eventually zavalamerry. Computers can be such pains sometimes! :)

Chris.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Just a couple of threads concerning IObit here here and here

Have a different method in mind for removing the offending programs Chris, but you are correct that reinstalling programs and then uninstalling them can sometimes help.

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

:thumbsup:

zavalamerry

zavalamerry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

You guys are amazing!  I will start at the top and work down... yes I did notice you deleted the product key and was going to figure out what you delted and do it on the future printouts but forgot.  Thank you for looking out for me. 

BitDefender and Panda are still on your computer as reported by Autoruns and Speccy.

So what you are telling me is even though Bitdefender doesn't show up on my apps report it is still in my system? I think I goofed up on that one.  When Revo was stating it was looking for leftover bits it was taking so long I assumed that it was my internet getting ready to crash again I backed out of the program before it finished.  

As far as Panda goes I went back into Revo ... got the same error message, however instead of stopping there I closed the error message and hit the "scan" button.  That brought up registry files, folders and leftover files.  When these items came up I was given the option of deleting them, which I did.  I ran a new Speccy report and it appears that Panda has been removed.  However I will attach the report so you can determine if that is true. 

Chrome is also still showing up in Autoruns and Speccy.

I used to have Google Chrom but I got frustrated with it and went back to IE.  However, checking on my default web browser I see in my settings that Microsoft Edge is listed.  That is another app that I was asked to utilize and I said no but it is now my default. 

Do you know what Kromtech Account Service is, 

I have no clue.  It might be an option I was looking into when I was thinking of leaving Bitdefender. 

Do you have any Hewlett Packard devices connected to your computer

I used to have HP printer a while back.  It was also a program that I tried to uninstall but wouldn't let me.  I now have an Epson and don't need Cannon.  I also don't need coupon finder, guru picture finder or dupe picture finder.

In reference to the new D-Link system, I don't know where to start when it comes to hooking it up so I have been avoiding trying.  Plus, I was waiting to hear from you before I spent hours trying to connect it. 

Yes, Chris when it comes to the inner workings of a computer I am always in the dark and they become a big pain!  Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. 

Phill, I am guessing you don't want me to follow any of Chris' suggestions? 

Once again I am grateful for everyone's help and input.  (especially Phill who is a trooper and still hanging in there! And giving me encouragement every step of the way :popcorn:

Attached Files

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Hello zavalamerry,

Yes, Chris when it comes to the inner workings of a computer I am always in the dark and they become a big pain!  Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. 

Phill, I am guessing you don't want me to follow any of Chris' suggestions?

I always feel a great deal of sympathy for people who come here not knowing very much about computers, as I was in the same position just a very short time ago. I still know very little really - but with the help of this forum I have done tasks that I would never in a million years have thought I was going to be capable of. Computers can seem so scary when someone is faced with a job they don't know how to deal with - but my message is that if you take it step-by-step, you can almost certainly do so much more than you ever thought possible! :thumbsup:

Yes, please do ignore my advice now and just follow Phill's: he knows probably a billion times more about these matters than I ever will! :yes:

It sounds as if Revo Uninstaller has probably got rid of Panda now. The purpose of these uninstalling programs is that they do get rid of all those left-over bits in the registry etc that you aren't even aware are there, but that can still cause problems. You do need to let them carry out the scan for the left-over bits though! :)

Good luck with sorting everything else out; you are in very safe hands with Phill and Freebooter! :)

Chris.

zavalamerry

zavalamerry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Chris I didn't mean to offend you when I asked Phill if I should ignore your suggestions.  You have been very helpful with your suggestions and insight and I am very appreciative for your input.  

Phill, I forgot to address the Verizon issue.  I assumed that app was due to my having a Verizon phone, tablet and service.  When I take pictures they automaticly show up on one of the Google sights (I am not remembering which sight right now) In the past I had to download my pics onto the computer.

I tried connecting the D-Link using the CD they provided and everything went fine until they asked for my modem.  I don't have my modem connected because I didn't think it would be needed and I have no telephone connection.  

Advertisements

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Hello zavalamerry,

Chris I didn't mean to offend you when I asked Phill if I should ignore your suggestions.  You have been very helpful with your suggestions and insight and I am very appreciative for your input.

Am not sure how I managed to make you think that I was offended by your question, but apologies if I did somehow give you that impression. I promise you that I was honestly not even the tiniest bit offended, so please do not worry about that! :)

Take care,

Chris.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Only around a couple of minutes but will be back in a few hrs.

Verizon is ok and was just checking that you knew what it was.

BitDefender and Panda are still shown to be present in your latest reports.

Uninstall ByteFence Anti-Malware in Programs and Features, then post back and let us know if you followed the other suggestions made by FreeBooter please.

Thanks Chris and FreeBooter respectively  :thumbsup:

zavalamerry

zavalamerry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Also am here only a few minutes before I leave for dialysis then when I return I can start following the instructions from Freebooter.   

Chris you didn't give the impression that you were offended. I am just supersensitive about not offending anyone and I realized that my previous post to ignore your suggestions might have offended you.   :oops: I realized that I forgot to apologize to you when I asked Phill about whether to follow your suggestions. So it was a retro-apology :wacko:   Tlhank you for letting me know you weren't offended. 

Phill and Freebooter I keep getting a message from ByteFence that I have suspicious malware on my computer.  I ran malware bites yesterday and it came up with the PUP malware which I deleted.  However ByteFence poped up this morning with the message that I still had malware.  I ignored the message because it looked like they were trying to sell me their product.  What is your suggestion about whether I should run another malware program before I delete them.

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Chris you didn't give the impression that you were offended. I am just supersensitive about not offending anyone and I realized that my previous post to ignore your suggestions might have offended you.   I realized that I forgot to apologize to you when I asked Phill about whether to follow your suggestions. So it was a retro-apology    Tlhank you for letting me know you weren't offended. 

Understood completely, zavalamera. I have often found myself upsetting people without ever meaning any harm! :(

Btw, sorry to hear about you having to have dialysis; that sucks!

Look after yourself anyway,

Chris.

Edited by Channeal, 16 May 2017 - 12:56 PM.

zavalamerry

zavalamerry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Thank you free Booter I was able to uninstall the bit fence and the bitdefender after I reinstalled it and then I also installed the Malwarebytes and I I'm having trouble getting onto my computer at this point it keeps telling me that I have no internet and no connection so I am using my cell phone at the moment and to be honest I don't know how to attach the files I just created and so I am hoping that my system will come back eventually so that I can attach the files that I created after I deleted those three anti-viruses. I'm not sure if this is important or not but some of the files that I uninstalled said that I needed to restart my computer and so I did I restarted the computer and then I wasn't able to get back on the internet so I don't know if it's something I did or if it's just the Wi-Fi out here or what the situation is but I did run those reports and I wanted to get them to you but it looks like until my Wi-Fi comes back that's not going to happen