Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No post beeps no video (Solved)

Best Answer Nimtheegray , 13 May 2017 - 08:22 AM

Thank you both for taking the time to respond to my issue. I resolved the issue by using your method however it did not work the first time. I repeated the process w each of the 3 ROM recovery. Onc... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Nimtheegray

Nimtheegray

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I just got an Intel DG45GT motherboard with a Q9550 cpu. The board is suppose to handle up to 16G of ram. I tried to use 2 x 4G DDR2 and got 3 long beeps. So I swapped out the 4Gs for 4 x 1G DDR2 800MHZ and board booted up fine. So I found that my 4G chips are 667. So I adjusted the bios setting for men to manual user defined 667mhz. Rebooted, turned off system when it shut down, replaced the 4X1G w the 2x4G and got the beeps. So I replaced the 1x4G and no more beeps but have no video. I tried leaving the cmos battery out for hours. I tried using a jumper to reset the cmos. I have taken everything out down to just processor and fan and onboard video and still nothing. If anyone has any ideas I could sure use it thanks.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday Nimtheegray  :welcome: 

You may be refering to the wrong MB, there is no DG45GT, only a DG43GT   

Here it Says 16Gb with  Intel® Desktop Board DG43GT with BIOS identifier GTG4310H.86A.https://downloadcent...s?product=41036

Conflicting specs on the main page, Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type 8GB > http://ark.intel.com...op-Board-DG43GT

From the user Manual Four 240-pin, DDR2 1.8 V SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets • 800/667 MHz single or dual channel DDR2 SDRAM interface • Support for up to 16 GB of main memory

https://downloadcent...s?product=41036

You won't get any display without at least one stick of RAM installed, you will just get 3 beeps, No RAM detected.  The board should Auto detect RAM speed.

I think the first task is set the board to Defaults.

Use 1x1GB in slot 0 (blue) > Boot and enter BIOS, > Write down the BIOS version, > check time and date are correct. > go to Exit Menu, > select, Load Defaults, > Save and exit.  On the restart, there should be a message on the screen.??

Restart and enter BIOS, if the date and time are still correct? the CMOS battery is OK.  Shut down.

Swap the 1x1GB stick for a 1x4GB stick and boot.  If fail, try the second 4GB stick.  If still a fail.

See if there is a more recent BIOS than the one you have.

https://downloadcent...op-Board-DG43GT

Nimtheegray

Nimtheegray

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes I meant the DG43GT for some reason my autocorrect kept changing it to 45... anyway, I cannot access the bios. As I explained in my post, I got it to boot once w 4 1Gb sticks... once in the bios, I changed the bios memory setting to user defined and set it to 667 so I could use the 4gb chips... reboot w the 4gb sticks in and no video and nothing I do remedies the no video issue. I only get 3 beeps w the 4gb chips or no chips... if I use any combination of 1gb i get no post beeps but still no video... I have tried resetting the cmos w battery out and jumpers. Nothing seems to work. I know it's a bios setting that is the issue, I just need to get back into it using no video or flash the bios to defaults using no video.... So I guess how can I do that would be the real question at this point.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Removing the CMOS battery or using the Clear CMOS jumper is supposed to load the bios default settings, so not sure why it has not worked for you.   The battery may be low on voltage or, replaced upside down.

It is possible to configure the BIOS blind, but nowhere in you manuals is there a description for all the F keys functions.

make sure you have access to the Tech Specs, > https://downloadmirr...echProdSpec.pdf

There are two jumper headers on the MB, one is for BIOS configuration, make sure the jumper is on the correct pins,  Pages #56/57.

Clear CMOS header, (note no jumper supplied, use a screwdriver to bridge the 2 pins) Page #58.

A bit over the top, but lets do everything.

With 1x1GB in slot 0 (blue) 

With the PSU off, but still connected to a power point.

Hold down the case Power Button for ten seconds.

Remove the CMOS battery.

Bridge the clear CMOS pins for ten seconds.

Replace the CMOS battery + sign up. 

Power on, > Boot.??

If OK, try swapping in the 4GB stick. 

If fail, I would replace the CMOS battery and try again. 

Nimtheegray

Nimtheegray

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
✓  Best Answer
Thank you both for taking the time to respond to my issue. I resolved the issue by using your method however it did not work the first time. I repeated the process w each of the 3 ROM recovery. Once I did that I booted in recovery, the configure, then normal. Once it ran a cycle of each it booted back up w 1 1GB chip and onboard video. Still can't get the 4gb dimms to work but they were used parts from eBay so they are prolly just bum chips. Good news is it's up and running. Thanks again for the assistance.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

You are very welcome Nimtheegray :thumbsup: , pleased to hear you got it sorted.

The RAM may be OK, just not compatible with specs for the board.   You may be able to get them changed, check requirements, > http://www.intel.com...ml?wapkw=dg43gt

Good Luck.