Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which laptop should i buy?

• Please log in to reply

Nadiaalkabani

Nadiaalkabani

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello there,
I hope someone could guide me into which laptop to buy for my son. He'll use if for school purposes. Thing is I already have a MacBook which I bought 5 years ago, but I've had a few problems with it. Once I needed to replace the whole keyboard, track pad and something else which I don't know what was. (Im a housewife and know only a bit about laptops 😌) Now the MacBook isn't working again. Was I wrong to believe that apple makes the best laptops? Or is 5 years the age limit for a laptop??

I'm currently on the lookout for a Lenovo or Dell but I don't know which model. Or should I maybe go back to a new MacBook?

Could someone please guide me on this??

Thanks a lot and may God bless you

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:welcome:   Nadiaalkabani,

Can you tell us in which country you will be making the purchase, if the notebook will also need to be capable of playing games and finally your maximum budget, this will help us to suggest the appropriate spec of computer for you.

Was I wrong to believe that apple makes the best laptops? Or is 5 years the age limit for a laptop?? 

No such thing as being the best brand, they all have their good and not so good models and if looked after a computer should last longer than five years hardware wise.

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Hello there,
I hope someone could guide me into which laptop to buy for my son. He'll use if for school purposes. Thing is I already have a MacBook which I bought 5 years ago, but I've had a few problems with it. Once I needed to replace the whole keyboard, track pad and something else which I don't know what was. (Im a housewife and know only a bit about laptops ) Now the MacBook isn't working again. Was I wrong to believe that apple makes the best laptops? Or is 5 years the age limit for a laptop??

I'm currently on the lookout for a Lenovo or Dell but I don't know which model. Or should I maybe go back to a new MacBook?

Could someone please guide me on this??

Thanks a lot and may God bless you

Hi,if it is just for school you might consider looking into chromebooks but I'm sure someone more experienced will point you in the right direction.