Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony Vaio SVE1511P1EW does't boot / randomly boot #help!

SDD installation MB failure video card failure bios setting

Best Answer ste.srd , 07 June 2017 - 09:32 AM

So, I finally had the time yesterday evening to sit down, take some time off and work out the solution you have told me. After quite some difficulties, i got to the CMOS battery, I changed it, I re... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Hello Stefano,

Notebooks are pretty much all the same, difficult but not impossible to work with, that is a nice guide at your link but I would make a couple of other additions to the guidance;

1: Once the battery and AC adaptor have been disconnected, press and hold down the power on button for around 20 seconds to get rid of any residual charge.

2: Ground yourself by touching a radiator or anything else metallic resting on the floor, cooker or fridge etc.

3: Keep any different size screws separate so none can go back in the wrong place, I use the lids off aerosol cans for this.

While the notebook is opened up and the MB visible, inspect and clean the electrical contacts for the HDD, take care and do not use anything abrasive, please also see my edited picture below.

Advertisements

ste.srd

ste.srd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Thanks a lot for your help Phill! I will be traveling for work in the next days, but I will work out this potential solution as soon I will be back... i keep you posted ;) Thanks again!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

You are welcome Stefano :)  have a safe journey and will catch up when you get back  :thumbsup:

ste.srd

ste.srd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
✓  Best Answer

So, I finally had the time yesterday evening to sit down, take some time off and work out the solution you have told me. After quite some difficulties, i got to the CMOS battery, I changed it, I re-assembled everything and well...nothing changed :( so I suppose it's time to look for a new pc, most probably a refurbished lenovo/dell. 

Thanks a lot Phill for your support, you definitely saved me some money and time with your help! :) 

best,

Stefano 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Thanks for the update Stefano, sorry that it is not better news  :(

Other than having a tech store try another charger you have done as much as possible yourself with troubleshooting this.

Thanks a lot Phill for your support, you definitely saved me some money and time with your help! xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.XmCihtcE1S.webp 

You are most welcome Stefano but being honest it was your good self that did the hard work, you will hopefully have far better luck with any replacement computer  :thumbsup: