Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Converting Windows XP 2007 from old computer to updated version

Upgrading Windows XP 2007 Need updated version

Best Answer phillpower2 , 28 May 2017 - 02:19 PM

Lmcphail22, Windows 7 and 8.1 can be upgraded to Windows 10 but depending on how old your computer is your hardware may not be compatible, as a starting point, if you have intern... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Lmcphail22

Lmcphail22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ok so nothing I can do about getting it back? I couldn't find any product codes for it in the old windows folder.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Unfortunately not, as previously advised programs cannot be retained when installing Windows 7 on a machine running XP, photos, videos and music etc can be by using the migration wizard tool but any third party programs have to be installed once Windows 7 is up and running and has been updated etc.

If you had the Office 2007 product key you would have been able to download the software from Microsoft here and reinstall it, you mentioned in your reply #13 that your boyfriend gave you the computer for work, have you asked him if he has the original disk and product key sticker or even just the product key itself.

Lmcphail22

Lmcphail22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I got a barely used 2015 computer lol the drivers were so out of date... Ugh

Lmcphail22

Lmcphail22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I got a barely used 2015 computer lol the drivers were so out of date... Ugh