Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Choosing the right computer screen

#Screen #Computer

• Please log in to reply

Krisnight

Krisnight

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I got the new Samsung Curved C27H711 27'inch screen, but im not sure if I have made the right choice. Its an VA panel with 3000:1 contrast (60hz doe) and 2560-1440 resolution. Its mostly for watching video picture and some casual gaming, but I wonder if another model with an IPS panel is better for video. The budget is 500$+. Any thoughts?

Edited by Krisnight, 11 June 2017 - 08:41 AM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

You probably want IPS instead of VA (or TN).

VA panels do provide a good middle ground with better-than-IPS refresh rates and contrast levels.

VA panels have worse viewing angles and color production than IPS, but generally are still better than TN.

VA panels largest downfall is response times, being slower than IPS (and its variants) as well as TN.