I would appreciate help with using W10 File Manager, once again I am afraid. I manage to get by with FM but I never feel confident that I know what I am doing or that I am making use of all FM's capabilities. Is there a reference document (preferably for beginners) that I can consult that explains, among other things:
- The dozens of options available on the File Manager screen. -- What do each of these option do?
- How to use File Manager to search for a document containing a certain word or phrase (say, geronomo) when I do not know the document's name or folder?
- Given a FM listing of files within a folder, tell me again how I can order them by the date they were created, or alphabetically by name.
- Why is it that some FM listings of files in a folder are displayed in columns of text and others FM listings are displayed as a series of icons? How can one select his preferred display format?
- How -- using FM or another way -- can I easily determine the complete path of a document I am viewing?
Thanks much. ... batpark