Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Formatting pc with usb

• Please log in to reply

MASC64

MASC64

• Pip
  • 1 posts

So i am kind of new in this kind of things i am trying to format me pc with windows 8.1 with usb drive , i run the installer and everything is finish but i cannot believe is that easy,

Did i did everything correctly or did miss something because i saw several tutorials (but with dvd) saying that i need to go to the boot screen and more and more,

So can anyone guide me on this.

Advertisements

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Hello MASC64,

Welcome to Geeks to Go.

Am pretty new to all this stuff myself, but I have recently installed Windows 7 on my desktop myself, plus Windows 10 on my notebook - and I can tell you that I was pretty stunned  at how easy it was to do! I am sure that many more people would do these things themselves if they realised how easy it is! :)

I am not really clear whether or not you are saying that your new OS seems to be working okay. If so, then all will hopefully be fine.

Not sure what you mean about going to the boot screen. In order to get your installation to run from the usb drive, you would have had to ensure that the boot order was set up to boot from cd/usb first - but if the installation ran okay you don't have to worry about that unless you want to change it back to boot from the hard drive first.

I hope this has answered your question. If not, please let us know.

Chris.

EDIT I assumed above that as well as reformatting, you were talking about installing (or re-installing) Windows 8.1. You only mentioned the reformat, but it would have presumably have just been part of the installation process. 

Edited by Channeal, 10 July 2017 - 07:46 AM.

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Have you made any progress with this MASC64?

Edited by Channeal, 13 July 2017 - 01:28 PM.