Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows stops at windows is loading

• Please log in to reply

Verethragna

Verethragna

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi, i have a problem with windows and can't even enter safe mode. Tried reinstall and it stops at setup is loading. Start-up repair gives me the empty blue screen with a cursor. I can enter safe mode with the bootable stick inside , but it starts installation of windows in safe mode and still it stops at setup is loading. This problem occurred after a program on my pc deleted some windows update installation files. Any ideas on how to get my pc to start?

Advertisements

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Please type below command into Command Prompt and press Enter key.

The following command scans integrity of all protected Windows system files and repairs files with problems when possible.

Sfc  /Scannow   /OFFBOOTDIR=D:\   /OFFWINDIR=D:\Windows

Please replace partition letter D: with Windows installed partition letter. When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

Verethragna

Verethragna

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
As i mentioned before when i enter to the repair environment i don't have that system recovery window,i just get a normal windows screen with nothing on it so i've opened the command prompt with Shift f10 and :the Windows resource protection could not start the repair service. Also the root was x:\》Sources

Verethragna

Verethragna

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I used command net start trustedinstaller but I get the same message. Windows is kicking my behind so bad.

Edited by Verethragna, 13 July 2017 - 03:06 PM.

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Hard disk could be failing execute Chkdsk C: /r command.

Verethragna

Verethragna

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems and 0 kb in bad sectors.

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Are you not able to access Windows Recovery Environment from Windows Setup Media?

Verethragna

Verethragna

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I can it's just there's nothing there but an empty standard windows 7 screen.

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
That is strange at least you can open the Command Prompt lets try troubleshooting  this problem from Command Prompt.
Can you please give us the bug check stop code from blue screen of death.
At the Command Prompt type rstrui.exe and press Enter key to see if it will launch System Restore tool.
If System Restore tool wont resolve the issue replace registry hives with registry hives backups.

Windows Vista/ 7/8/8.1/10 keep a regular backup of the registry handy in case you need to overwrite a corrupted registry. By default, the RegIdleBackup task runs every 10 days, so that’s as far back as you would lose if you replaced the current registry with the automatically backed-up files. You can find the backed-up registry files in \Windows\System32\config\RegBack folder.

Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Please type below commands into Command Prompt and for each command you have typed press Enter key.

Ren  C:\windows\system32\config\SAM         SAM.BAK

Ren  C:\windows\system32\config\SYSTEM      SYSTEM.BAK

Ren  C:\windows\system32\config\SECURITY    SECURITY.BAK

Ren  C:\windows\system32\config\DEFAULT     DEFAULT.BAK

Ren  C:\windows\system32\config\SOFTWARE    SOFTWARE.BAK

Copy  C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SAM         C:\windows\system32\config

Copy  C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SYSTEM      C:\windows\system32\config

Copy  C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SECURITY    C:\windows\system32\config

Copy  C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\DEFAULT     C:\windows\system32\config

Copy  C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SOFTWARE    C:\windows\system32\config

This procedure assumes that Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 is installed to the C:\ partition. Make sure to replace C:\ drive letter to the appropriate Windows OS installed partition drive letter if it is a different location.

Above commands renames the registry files at their existing location, and then copies the registry files from the RegBack folder to the C:\Windows\System32\Config folder.

Verethragna

Verethragna

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I manager to install a fresh copy of windows by accident 😁 i did this by pressing f8 and choosing the option that allows to start windows even without some drivers that do not work

Verethragna

Verethragna

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
The for everything. This website is awesome

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
We are glad to hear your issue has been resolved, thank you for letting us know that all is now well!