Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gpu random no signal on monitor

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply

ile

ile

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

I recently inherited this computer from my dad it has a few issues. When it works it works well so I'd like to get it working with your help. I'm not very technical so please be as clear as possible thank you.

The problem.

Now and again the computer loses signal between the GPU and monitor.

Some days the computer works for a whole day without any issue's and other days it happens every 5 min's.

Specs.

Nividia geforce gt 610

Windows 10 64 bit

Technika monitor

4gb ram

Intel core 2 quad 2.40ghz

What I have tried.

I have tried a clean install of the GPU driver.

Different drivers.

Changed to a HDMI lead and the problem persisted.

Eli

Advertisements

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

It is the only monitor I have but I will see if I can borrow one from someone. This may take me a day or 2 to get hold of one is that OK?

I got the driver's from Nividia's driver site. I tried 2 of the latest drivers including the Beta which was worse than the previous version which I am currently using.

The GPU idle is at 39 when I game it's at 40 to 58

Edited by ile, 05 August 2017 - 02:54 AM.

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Hello Freebooter

I tried a different monitor yet it happened again.

In the event log and found at the time it loses display it records "display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered" and this same message over 150 times in a row till I hard power down.

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

I've tried all the solutions listed in the link and none have worked I gave it a few days for each one to see if it had any effect and the problem remains the same random GPU to Monitor cut offs.

All updates have also been applied I always do these every day on boot up anyway.

Checked for dust it's very clean not a drop to be seen.

Sorry for the delayed reply but I wanted to test each solution one at a time to see the result not just apply them all in one go encase something went wrong.

Thanks FreeBooter

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

I have just switched to the first in the list high performance and the setting off I will see how that does today and check back.

I have tried different GPU drivers from the site and am on the one that has the least effect from this issue.

I will try each one and see if any work I do hope so.

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Is firm ware different to a driver?

yesterday I did the first thing on the list from the link and had bad problems it made things 100 times worse the pc only works for 10 mins till the problem arises now I tried a rollback and to turn every thing back the way it was but it just wont work. The rollback says a file is stopping the rollback from working but it does not say what it is.

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

System restore didn't work I tried  quite a few times on a number of different points every time it would say a file is stopping me from rolling back and it didn't work.

So the GPU has a bios like the bios on the main board? 

I did have a look for the nividia bios but was only able to find a driver on the main site no bios. Is it called something other than bios?

I seemed to have made the system a little more stable by uninstalling the nividia driver and just using windows 10 default it still goes dark but not so many times in a few min's.

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

A quick double check and extra question as this is way beyond anything I have ever done on a PC it worries me a bit.

Here is the card I have

https://www.scan.co....ile-hdmi-dvi-i-

Is this the right bios please and how do I tell what bios is already installed?

https://www.techpowe...610-1024-130107

update I found the version from this article https://www.computer...es/ch001309.htm

It is version 75.19.55.0.1e so to upgrade to 

VBIOS Version: 75.19.55.00.02

is OK? Sorry I'm very nervous doing this.

Edited by ile, 13 August 2017 - 06:36 AM.

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

How do I know which is the latest VBIOS Version.

Installed at the moment 75.19.55.0.1e 

Or is this from the site newer 75.19.55.00.02

Thanks 

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Ok will try this now If I don't reply I have hit disaster and something went wrong. 

Advertisements

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

It's not working I have tried both nvflash and nvflash64 it's not letting me type what I need to into it.

The only options seem to be Q to quit or enter to continue.

If I try to paste into the box it all flashes past and closes but nothing changes, I even tried a restart to no effect.

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

I was sure it was the one for the Nividia geforce gt 610

This is the command I am trying to insert       nvflash Gigabyte.GT610.1024.130107.rom.bios

Could I be doing something wrong as you can not actually type anything into the box

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Yes and still can not type anything into the box.

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Should I look for another then?

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Thank you

Should I try anything else? Its the longest it has been stable today for a while only gone down twice

Edited by ile, 13 August 2017 - 08:22 AM.