Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my yesterday work in word

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

ErikaGil

ErikaGil

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Yesterday I was typing my work during some hours. I successfully saved it, after that, I rebooted my computer and went for a walk. Today I checked my work in MS Word 2010, and I'm afraid, all my yesterday data disappeared.

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts
Hi ErikaGil and welcome to our forums,

All may not be lost...
Try a search of your computer in all locations looking for all files with a .docx suffix.

If for any reason you saved the file in a different file format (for example .rtf) then search for all files with that file suffix.

It might be wise to use a "wildcard" in your search so for example you could search for:

*.docx
Let us know how you get on.
Regards
paws

HugoLegoff

HugoLegoff

• Pip
  • 1 posts

But in case nothing of listed below don't work for your issue, then you need to try fix word

It is the most effective blog about microsoft word issues - http://www.techrepub...-word-document/

Here is the address for manual guide: http://smallbusiness...ws-7-64163.html

When you restart a Microsoft Office program after a power failure or similar problem, the program automatically opens any recovered files. If for some reason the recovery file didn't open, you can open it yourself.

1. On the Standard toolbar, click Open.

2. On the Show pop-up menu, click All Documents.

3. Locate the folder that contains your recovery files.

Each recovery file is named "AutoRecover save of file name."

4. Open the recovery file.

5. Click Save.

6. In the Save As box, enter the name of the existing document.

7. When you see a message asking whether you want to replace the existing document, click Yes.

Any recovery files that haven't been saved are deleted when you quit WordTips

• If you can't open the recovery file, you can try to recover the text from the damaged file.

• To find out or change where your recovery files are stored, click Preferences on the Word menu, and then click File Locations.