Yesterday I was typing my work during some hours. I successfully saved it, after that, I rebooted my computer and went for a walk. Today I checked my work in MS Word 2010, and I'm afraid, all my yesterday data disappeared.
my yesterday work in word
Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:35 AM
All may not be lost...
Try a search of your computer in all locations looking for all files with a .docx suffix.
If for any reason you saved the file in a different file format (for example .rtf) then search for all files with that file suffix.
It might be wise to use a "wildcard" in your search so for example you could search for:
Let us know how you get on.
Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:24 AM
But in case nothing of listed below don't work for your issue, then you need to try fix word
It is the most effective blog about microsoft word issues - http://www.techrepub...-word-document/
Here is the address for manual guide: http://smallbusiness...ws-7-64163.html
When you restart a Microsoft Office program after a power failure or similar problem, the program automatically opens any recovered files. If for some reason the recovery file didn't open, you can open it yourself.
1. On the Standard toolbar, click Open.
2. On the Show pop-up menu, click All Documents.
3. Locate the folder that contains your recovery files.
Each recovery file is named "AutoRecover save of file name."
4. Open the recovery file.
5. Click Save.
6. In the Save As box, enter the name of the existing document.
7. When you see a message asking whether you want to replace the existing document, click Yes.
Any recovery files that haven't been saved are deleted when you quit WordTips
• If you can't open the recovery file, you can try to recover the text from the damaged file.
• To find out or change where your recovery files are stored, click Preferences on the Word menu, and then click File Locations.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users