Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot Install any Drivers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Ben2431

Ben2431

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Hey Guys,

I have been trying to install driver updates for my computer but every time I try i get that the installation has failed. I also recently tried connecting to a new printer only to have that driver not install either and I cannot install the driver software for a Behringer pre amp that I use for recording.  

the link below is to Logs from a failed intel driver installation. If anyone has any idea what the problem is from those or needs anymore information please let me know.

https://drive.google...dVVrWXdpXzYxZTA

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Sorry that you have waited so long for any reply to your OP  :(

Withe the exception of the new printer software can I ask why you are trying to update drivers, if to try and resolve issues it makes sense but if you are not having problems then you should leave well alone, please see my canned info below regarding updating drivers;

Avoid using any software that automatically updates your system.

Please note that drivers should never be updated unless it is to address a known issue, if a driver is installed needlessly you can end up creating the very issue that the updated driver was intended to correct, rolling back to the previous driver does not always work and waiting for the next driver update can take some time and again may not resolve the issue.

When possible, always obtain drivers directly from the provider of your hardware/software and only use drivers or patches from third parties for older or no longer supported hardware/software.

See info courtesy of lifehacker here

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

mdbablu

mdbablu

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Update Your Windows than Try Again. Thank you.

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts

I would recommend resetting or reinstalling Windows 10

http://www.intowindo...ut-losing-data/