Need Help learning how to use FRST to clean computers. Would like to start with my own first.
FRST Help to clean Windows 7 computerSuspected Infection w7 pro
Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:36 AM
- Get FRST from http://www.bleepingc...very-scan-tool/You need to download the appropriate tool for your PC. If you don't know if you have a 32 or 64 bit system get them both. Only one will work and that's the right one.
- Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Check the Addition.txt box
- Press Scan button.
- It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
- Please copy and paste log back here.
- It will generate another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
FRST Tutorial is at: http://www.geekstogo...very-scan-tool/but if you don't know what you are doing you can really mess up things.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users