Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error Code 43 with Belkin USB Hub

• Please log in to reply

lookout

lookout

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I'm trying to get a 12+ year old Belkin USB 2.0 hub to work and I keep getting Error Code 43 - Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems - The USB hub failed to reset.

I've tried plugging this in to the USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports and I get the same results. All other USB devices I've tried have worked ok. Everything I can find about this error doesn't apply to my situation. Usually people with this problem complain that this happens with all USB devices they plug into their computer.

The computer I'm having trouble with is a Lenovo Ideacentre 710 with an Intel Core i5 processor & 8GB RAM running Windows 10. It was purchased in December 2016. I believe the USB chipset is Intel. The Belkin USB hub is model F5U234. I guess it's also possible that the hub doesn't work anymore, but I won't be able to check on another computer for about a week.

I wanted to use the hub to test something out (it would only take 1 minute), but I didn't want to buy a new one just to test something. Is there a way to get this Belkin hub working?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Hello lookout,

I keep getting Error Code 43 - Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems - The USB hub failed to reset.

All other USB devices I've tried have worked ok. 

Would suggest a problem with the Belkin itself I`m afraid.

Is the device listed in the Device Manager, if yes, any yellow ! or red X against it and anything reported in the devices properties.

lookout

lookout

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Just out of curiousity, what would it mean if the hub worked on Windows XP but not on Windows 10? I think it does work on XP, but I haven't been able to test it yet.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Hello lookout,

I keep getting Error Code 43 - Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems - The USB hub failed to reset.

All other USB devices I've tried have worked ok. 

Would suggest a problem with the Belkin itself I`m afraid.

Is the device listed in the Device Manager, if yes, any yellow ! or red X against it and anything reported in the devices properties.