Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Driver for HP envy 4500 all in one, stopped scanning

• Please log in to reply

Gwatrobski

Gwatrobski

• Pip
  • 8 posts

I have an envy4500 all in one printer scanner. During a recent windows 10 update, I lost my scanning capabilities. I can print, but not scan. I tried to reload the soft ware from HP. Did not work. I ran a scan doctor by HP and it stated I did not have the driver. I ran a program called direct driver, and that go back my scanning, until I rebooted the system. Then the scanning stopped again. I reran direct drive but this did not help at all. I then Updated windows 10 with release 1709. still no help. I have tried to reload the software three times. No luck. Hp does not have any solution they just tell me to download the software and try to install. That did not work again. I did notice that when I try to scan it states 32 bit. I thought windows was 64 bit. I have also included a screen print of my drivers and the devices from devise manager. Please help I am at my witts end. Thank you in advance for any help given.

Advertisements

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts

Please verify you are running a 64-bit version of Windows 10. It comes in both 32 or 64-bit.

To check your version

Right click on Start Menu

Then select System from the menu

Look next to System Type 

Here is the correct 64-bit driver - make sure you uninstall your existing driver and software before installing.

https://support.hp.c...5/model/5304876

Here is the correct 32-bit driver

https://support.hp.c...5/model/5304876

Edited by dmccoy, 16 November 2017 - 01:40 PM.

luckasbenjamin

luckasbenjamin

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Remove old driver completely and try to install it again, it must work

buddywiser

buddywiser

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Remove old driver completely and try to install it again, it must work

In addition to this if the old driver is not working after reinstalling it try to download the latest driver and replace the old one.