Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor issues

• Please log in to reply

Sik7

Sik7

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Im trying to help my aunt build a super-dinosaur of a computer and all has went okay until now. We get no signal sent to the monitor from built in monitor output. We are using an acer g43t-am v2.0 motherboard, with a dell cn-oku311 flat screen monitor. I tried also connecting nvidia 180-p0019 vga card, hoping for plug and play, but had no success. Also, it seems that the video card (as well as another generic I tried) is fitting SUPER tight, as it seems I have to force it against the frame of the back of the housing and push it hard (seems almost too long) about 1/8 of an inch, until it finaly lines up, to press in. And THEN, it doesnt seem to press in all the way either. HELP! This stuff is a bit "dated" for my knowledge... does this card even really fit? Am I a bonehead, fitting the rectangle block into the square hole, by brute force? Lol! ...or, does anyone have any other suggestions that may help... I mean, other that the obvious, telling my aunt that its not 1997 anymore... LOL! thanks in advance.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:welcome:   Sik7,

The video card is not compatible with the motherboard as the card is the older AGP type and the motherboard PCI-e, you may have damaged the MBs video card slot by forcing the AGP card in it.

acer g43t-am v2.0 motherboard

nvidia 180-p0019 vga card, 

NB: Just so that you are aware, your thread was moved here as it is is the appropriate forum for resolving hardware issues while the Waiting Room is a special forum where you should only post if you have waited 3 days or more for a reply to your OP.