Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Computer Is Infected With Something And Requests Your Help!

• Please log in to reply

thefunkymunky

thefunkymunky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

I'm sorry but I'm still experiencing a lot of freezes, hangups, not respondings. Is there anything else I can try? I regularly run Malwarebytes as well as Avast Premium and it usually is uneventful. So I don't understand. Thank you so much for your time. Peace to you and yours.

tazzi

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

Freezes, hangups, not responding are not always the result of malware. Lets run a few checks starting with the hard drive.

Click start, in the search box type cmd, now up towards the top right click on cmd and choose "Run as Adminstrator"
In the Command Prompt window type chkdsk c:/r and press Enter.
Please Note the space between k c:/r
  • The next dialog box will now show the following:

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
    process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
    checked the next time the system restarts? <Y/N>
  • Type Y
  • and reboot the computer.
  • Checkdisk will start once the computer reboots. It can take up to an hour or more to complete as it goes through the stages. Allow it to run uninterrupted till complete

To find the log that is produced please do the following:

Please download ListChkdskResult by SleepyDude to the desktop.
  • Double click on the icon and click Run
  • The log will appear on your desktop as a .txt file and the notepad will open. Please copy and paste the results in your next reply.

thefunkymunky

thefunkymunky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Hello Zep516!

That link for "ListChkdskResult" by SleepyDude is bad. This is where it takes me, "https://dl.dropboxus...dskResult.exe".