Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new hard drive/ipod question

• Please log in to reply

xsohaute

xsohaute

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My iBook G4 just recently crashed (for the second time in a month) and I just recieved it back from Apple with a brand new harddrive. Unfortuately the new harddrive is sans all my old music on iTunes and I don't want to reconnect my iPod because I'm afraid it will read my library as empty and automatically update the iPod to be blank. Before the harddrive crashed I had changed my iTunes iPod options to not automatically update, however, since I have not plugged in the iPod to the computer with the new harddrive yet, iTunes is not showing me the options to discontinue automatic update.

Is there any way I can connect my iPod without completely erasing everything on it?

Help!

Thanks!

Advertisements

soulsword23

soulsword23

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Well if u have talked to the apple company if they dont know then just try it and hope it goes well or just search for it.... :tazz:

and i dont no much about ipod and apple stuff becase i have a yh820 samsung mp3 and i love it is so much better then an ipod! and it have 5gb so it can hold about 1500 songs and pics!

Edited by soulsword23, 18 June 2005 - 01:59 PM.