Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lost my internet connection (Resolved).

Best Answer RedSuedePump , 03 February 2018 - 05:59 AM

Hi Phill, The strangest thing has just happened. I was going to follow your instructions, but my computer room has been a mess for a while. So I decided to clean the room properly and then sit... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

RedSuedePump

RedSuedePump

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hi Phill,

The strangest thing has just happened. I was going to follow your instructions, but my computer room has been a mess for a while. So I decided to clean the room properly and then sit down with a clear head and work on your instructions.

I took everything to bits, cleared the room up, hoovered and then put everything back together.

Switched the desktop back on and hey presto, I'm back on the internet without installing the driver.

I've no way of explaining why, maybe it was just a bad hardware connection somewhere.

I'm sorry if I've wasted your time, but if it's any consolation, I've learnt from our exchanges and the room looks great now!

Thanks for your support.

RSP

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

HI RSP,

No ones time has been wasted here so please don`t feel that it has  :no:

The information in your thread may help someone else in the future so look upon the episode as learning and sharing knowledge.

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for letting us know that all is now well.

NB: Be sure to create a new restore point for the now stable settings and keep the drivers that you downloaded for any possible future emergency.