Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan.BitCoinMiner - WINITEX.EXE

Trojan BitCoinMiner WINITEX.EXE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

spra

spra

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Hello.
Today I checked my computer with Malwarebytes. It found several infected files and quarantined them but could not remove one, namely "WINITEX.EXE", described as Trojan.BitCoinMiner.

I rebooted and re-checked. Malwarebytes was still unable to remove this file. Then I downloaded the free versions of HitmanPro_x64 and RogueKiller and had them repair my system.

But after rebooting and re-checking with Malwarebytes the above infected file was still there.
Apart from that, there are no noticeable symptoms on my PC, but I really would like to get rid of this infection. Can I have some help, please?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

spra

spra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

For anyone interested, I was finally able to remove the infection by using the free version of a tool called UnHackMe.

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

Thanks for the feedback. I will proceed to close this topic.