Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DNS issues, certain sites not loading

• Please log in to reply

kelltech

kelltech

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

I've been having some issues with certain sites not loading in any browser.

At first, I thought it was my VPN, but even with that off and a fresh reboot I still have the trouble. My wife's computer is right next to mine and the pages I have issues with load fine on her, same VPN and obviously same ISP.

I flushed the DNS, reset, rebooted, even tried MS Edge, and set my DNS settings to Open DNS. I also tried the Google DNS settings and it still doesn't work. Still can't load certain sites, Amazon affiliate login being just one of them, like the example below. I would appreciate any help with this!

The exact error looks like this in Chrome:

This site can’t be reached

affiliate-program.amazon.com’s server IP address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Advertisements