Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem installing an Asus geforce gt 710 (Resolved).

Best Answer phillpower2 , 25 February 2018 - 09:50 AM

Based on the fact that everything else works but the new card it does suggest that the GT 710 is bad and will need to be returned, hopefully you will have better luck with any replacement. You... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Joel28

Joel28

• Pip
  • 9 posts

When installing an Asus geforce gt 710 with 1gb graphics card on my HP Pavilion Elite hpe-510pt pc, it stops at the HP screen and beeps and then the screen goes black and does not start! Someone can help me? I have windows 10. thank you...

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

:welcome:   Joel28,

Couple of questions if I may;

Did the computer previously have an Nvidea GT440 add on video card fitted, if yes, have the drivers for that card been uninstalled.

Do you have the drivers for the GT 710 saved on the desktop ready to install.

Is the GT 710 out of the box new or if used do you know with 100% certainty that the card works properly.

If you remove the GT 710 and connect the screen to one of the motherboards video ports does the computer boot up normally.

Joel28

Joel28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

A: Did the computer previously have an Nvidea GT440 add on video card fitted, if yes, have the drivers for that card been uninstalled.

R: Hi. Yes it was a Nvidea GT440, i try to uninstall with windows 10 and I got it, but i I noticed that there was an nvidia folder in c: that I could not uninstall.

A: Do you have the drivers for the GT 710 saved on the desktop ready to install.

R: No i dont,  after the first failed start I put the old Nvidia GT440 and install the GeforceGT710 from the cd, then i remove the Nvidia GT440 and try again,
 and exactly happened the same thing.

A: Is the GT 710 out of the box new or if used do you know with 100% certainty that the card works properly.

R: Yes 100%. its new!

A:If you remove the GT 710 and connect the screen to one of the motherboards video ports does the computer boot up normally.

R: I dont see any video ports in my motherboard, or i just dont know how to do it.

Thank you.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Download and save DDU which you can get from here

Run DDU and remove anything related to Nvidea.

Shut down the computer, disconnect from the power outlet, remove the GT440 from the MB, connect your screen to one of the MBs video ports at the rear of the case (see attachment) re-connect to the wall socket and power up, post back and let us know if you get video

Joel28

Joel28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Yes i did it,  and i have vídeo.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Create a new folder on your desktop and name it GT710 drivers, download and save to the folder the drivers from here

Shut down the computer, disconnect from the power outlet, press the chassis power on button to get rid of any residual charge in the circuits, ground yourself by touching a bare part of the case or PSU, fit your GT710, reassemble, see if you are able to restart the computer in Safe Mode only (no networking) if yes, install the drivers that you saved, restart as you would normally then post back with an update.

If you are unable to restart in Safe Mode and you get the same lock up and beep it looks like the GT 710 card is the problem.

Going offline now as I have an early start so will wish you good luck and will check back as soon as I can tomorrow.

Joel28

Joel28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

The same problem! the same lock up and beep,  well anyway, i really thank you for all the help...

Edited by Joel28, 24 February 2018 - 08:04 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
✓  Best Answer

Based on the fact that everything else works but the new card it does suggest that the GT 710 is bad and will need to be returned, hopefully you will have better luck with any replacement.

You are welcome btw  :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Any news for us Joel28

Joel28

Joel28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Any news for us Joel28

I sent my PC to the store to resolve my problem and they told me that the PC has a compatibility's problem with the motherboard and the PC.
They made a Bios's update but even that wasn't enough to fix the problem...

I don't know more what to do...

Thank you so much for your concerns and for waste your time with me! I really appreciate it my friend! 😊🙏🏻

Edited by Joel28, 03 March 2018 - 07:17 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

First of all you have not wasted anyone`s time, we volunteer here to hopefully be able to help out folk who need us  :thumbsup:

I sent my PC to the store to resolve my problem and they told me that the PC has a compatibility's problem with the motherboard and the PC.
They made a Bios's update but even that wasn't enough to fix the problem...

Not sure what they mean about there being a compatibility problem between the MB and the PC  :headscratch:

One of the first things that I tried to find out was whether or not the GT 710 was legacy, UEFI or hybrid BIOS, the information that I found was mixed with some saying legacy and some saying UEFI, I could find nothing from ASUS, even the user manual was missing when I tried to download it and all I got was a warranty card.

A legacy versus UEFI BIOS problem between the GPU and MB could explain the problem but one post that I read regarding the same motherboard and GPU as yours on the HP forums made by a HP employee here also says that the problem could be that HP does not provide Windows 10 drivers for your MB.

Did the store happen to test the GT 710 in another computer to make sure that it worked.

You are welcome btw  :)

Joel28

Joel28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

The try one GeForce GT 1030 and the same problem.

They update the bios but the problem remains the same.

But i think the  geforce 710 had some factory problem but they dont know what to do (its a small store)

So they trade the grafic for a AMD Radeon R5 200 Series

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
The try one GeForce GT 1030 and the same problem.

After the 6 series of Nvidea GPUs such as the 650Ti for example many of the Nvidea cards are only compatible with motherboards that have UEFI BIOS.

But i think the  geforce 710 had some factory problem but they dont know what to do

So the store couldn't get the card to work either then.

Joel28

Joel28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Right...