Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem installing an Asus geforce gt 710

• Please log in to reply

Joel28

Joel28

• Pip
  • 5 posts

When installing an Asus geforce gt 710 with 1gb graphics card on my HP Pavilion Elite hpe-510pt pc, it stops at the HP screen and beeps and then the screen goes black and does not start! Someone can help me? I have windows 10. thank you...

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

• 21,844 posts

:welcome:   Joel28,

Couple of questions if I may;

Did the computer previously have an Nvidea GT440 add on video card fitted, if yes, have the drivers for that card been uninstalled.

Do you have the drivers for the GT 710 saved on the desktop ready to install.

Is the GT 710 out of the box new or if used do you know with 100% certainty that the card works properly.

If you remove the GT 710 and connect the screen to one of the motherboards video ports does the computer boot up normally.

Joel28

Joel28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

A: Did the computer previously have an Nvidea GT440 add on video card fitted, if yes, have the drivers for that card been uninstalled.

R: Hi. Yes it was a Nvidea GT440, i try to uninstall with windows 10 and I got it, but i I noticed that there was an nvidia folder in c: that I could not uninstall.

A: Do you have the drivers for the GT 710 saved on the desktop ready to install.

R: No i dont,  after the first failed start I put the old Nvidia GT440 and install the GeforceGT710 from the cd, then i remove the Nvidia GT440 and try again,
 and exactly happened the same thing.

A: Is the GT 710 out of the box new or if used do you know with 100% certainty that the card works properly.

R: Yes 100%. its new!

A:If you remove the GT 710 and connect the screen to one of the motherboards video ports does the computer boot up normally.

R: I dont see any video ports in my motherboard, or i just dont know how to do it.

Thank you.

phillpower2

phillpower2

• 21,844 posts

Download and save DDU which you can get from here

Run DDU and remove anything related to Nvidea.

Shut down the computer, disconnect from the power outlet, remove the GT440 from the MB, connect your screen to one of the MBs video ports at the rear of the case (see attachment) re-connect to the wall socket and power up, post back and let us know if you get video

Attached Thumbnails

• HP video ports..jpg

Joel28

Joel28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Yes i did it,  and i have vídeo.

phillpower2

phillpower2

• 21,844 posts

Create a new folder on your desktop and name it GT710 drivers, download and save to the folder the drivers from here

Shut down the computer, disconnect from the power outlet, press the chassis power on button to get rid of any residual charge in the circuits, ground yourself by touching a bare part of the case or PSU, fit your GT710, reassemble, see if you are able to restart the computer in Safe Mode only (no networking) if yes, install the drivers that you saved, restart as you would normally then post back with an update.

If you are unable to restart in Safe Mode and you get the same lock up and beep it looks like the GT 710 card is the problem.

Going offline now as I have an early start so will wish you good luck and will check back as soon as I can tomorrow.

Joel28

Joel28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

The same problem! the same lock up and beep,  well anyway, i really thank you for all the help...

Edited by Joel28, Yesterday, 08:04 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

• 21,844 posts

Based on the fact that everything else works but the new card it does suggest that the GT 710 is bad and will need to be returned, hopefully you will have better luck with any replacement.

You are welcome btw  :)