Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No owner's manual with a gifted VCR

• Please log in to reply

debodun

debodun

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

I was gifted a Sharp VCR (Model VC A524OU). I know my electronics are antiquated, but all my tapes are VHS. Although the gifter included the remote (G0774GE - see attached photo), the owner's manual wasn't and I can't seem to get some functions to work. I connected it and I can see the TV picture, so that part is okay. I pushed some function buttons, but couldn't see any menus displayed on the TV. I tried to put in a cassette and really had to force it in. I could see the video when it played. I stopped the tape and pressed the eject on the VCR, but nothing happened. When I turned off the power to the VCR, then it ejected the cassette. I can't even set the time and it's blinking (which with my OCD I find very annoying). Now that all cable channels are digital, does having a DTA box affect it? I tried to look for an online manual, but had no success. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• vcr rem.jpg

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

It looks like you have posted the same question here:
http://www.tomsguide...enu-screen.html

It's often the better policy to only continue with one thread at a time...otherwise it may get confusing trying to follow different sets of recommendations, not to mention several responder's time researching for you.

Hope you get it sorted out OK

Regards

paws

debodun

debodun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

I like to get second opinions.

Gary R

Gary R

Trusted Helper