I am running Outlook 2016 on Windows 10.
I have always been able to run searches for specific words which can be found in the content of PDF attachments in my mail.
My PC crashed earlier in the week; our IT guy re-installed Windows and Office; using the same version of Acrobat Reader DC, but it won't pick up the content in searches anymore.
I have had this problem before on a previous PC and I have read and tried many of the solutions offered online; rebuilding the indexes does not work (in the previous instance, literally one day it just started working; the mind boggles).
Since it's Windows 10 it already has an iFilter
I have checked to see that PDF is selected under File Types.
Index Properties and File Contents selected.
Rebuilt indexes... took forever, but nothing has changed.
I have tried the various options presented by the Search Function within Outlook - Attachment Contains... blah, blah
Adobe is my default app to open PDFs...
It must be a setting that is different... because all the programs are the same as before...I just don't know what setting it is.
I have to get this working; it's almost impossible for me to work without this function.